Underground Service Detection
Detecting underground services is essential prior to the execution of large and small scale construction projects, upgrading of existing services and doing earthworks, especially in built up areas. The complexity of underground utility networks is continually increasing and obtaining precise information on the location of buried utilities has never been more important.
As a result, the protection of buried assets during excavation work demands accurate mapping and surveying of existing utilities reducing the risk of damaging or cutting the supply of services to operations.
Benefits of detecting underground include:
- Detecting conductive and non-conductive objects
- Capable of scanning any type of landscape
- Reducing the risk during intrusive works
- Saving time and cost associated with damaged services
- Aiding in compliance with the Construction Regulations, part of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations
- Aiding in the development of detailed subsurface services plans (As Built)
- Locating of existing utilities, accurate information about location and depth